That’s Bugsy, Mark G and myself done day 4 of the Dales Way, which took us 12.40 miles from Oughtershaw to Lea Yeat.
Just a mini update… I will do a FULL update later today… Once we have done day 5…
Here are some photos from day 4. Plus our route can be found at www.strava.com/activities/8926428133
Many more photos can be found at www.gordon-valentine.com/zenphoto/dales-way/
WOW! So hard to believe that we got Bugsy one year ago!! So happy with the young man he’s turned into! He was very, very hard work for the first number of months. He’s now so loving. Loves going for long walks. And has to sleep on my bed each and every night!
Many more photos of him can be found at www.gordon-valentine.com/zenphoto/bugsy/
Below are the top five most looked at photos on this website during December 2022.
Number 1 (1,218 views) : Walking along the Brampton Valley Way
Number 2 (814 views) : Mark G, Bugsy and myself
Number 3 (776 views) : Walking along the Brampton Valley Way
Number 4 (54 views) : Synergy Swimrun wetsuit
Number 5 (49 views) : Spider-Man all helpless in SEGUFIX
Love these photos? Many more at www.gordon-valentine.com/zenphoto/me/2022/
Next year, Bugsy, Mark G (house mate) and myself will be walking The Dales Way! It will be my biggest adventure, since doing the End to End cycle back in 2009!
The Dales Way runs for 80 miles from Ilkley in West Yorkshire to Bowness-on-Windermere in Cumbria. We will be doing the whole walk in one go! Not like other long walks, that I’ve done, which have been done over weeks, months and some even years!
In the next week, or so, we’re going to do a test day. Doing one of link routes. We have picked the Harrogate one, which covers a distance of 16.5 miles!
So looking forward to this, BIG adventure with him!!
Here are my main highlights from 2021 so far… Overall been a great year!
- Got a new job, after being out work since September 2020 (Lost that after just 3 months).
- Got to see my friend Mark T for first time, in a long time!
- Got to see my Mum, Dad and brother Douglas for first time, since January 2020.
- Walked around Rutland Water, with Emilie.
- Got another new job…. Which I am still doing now and LOVING IT!
- Walked a total of 1,000 miles, yet again!
- Ticked off Berney Arms railway station, which has been on list to do for a long time!
- Went up to Scotland! Was great seeing the rest of my family and catching up with Neil!
- Did the Borders Railway Line (Ticked off each and every station on the line!)
- Cycled just over 3,000 miles!
Sure, I will have missed many off! Just been a super busy year!
Berney Arms railway station, has been on my list for a good number of years! It really did live up to my to expectations!! It could well be in my top 10 favourite stations in the UK…
More photos can be found at www.gordon-valentine.com/zenphoto/railway-stations/berney-arms/