Since everyone else is doing the #TenYearsChallenge. It’s about time, that I joined in!
Today 9 years ago, was the last day of End to End cycle! Even to this day, still can’t believe I did it! Try cycling for an average of 66 miles, every day for 15 days in a row and still how you feel! The total distance was 990.30 miles! Which took me 85 hours 22 minutes 40 seconds!
Still really, hoping that I will get to do it again, at some point…
Since it’s getting to the time of year, that I start doing less cycling. Due to it being colder and getting less daylight. I’ve been looking at the data again from the End to End cycle. that I did back in August 2009.
I am still really hoping to do it again in 2019! But we will see what happens!
- Day 1 | Sun Aug 9 2009 | John O’Groats to Tongue
- Day 2 | Mon Aug 10 2009 | Tongue to Carbisdale Castle
- Day 3 | Tue Aug 11 2009 | Carbisdale Castle to Loch Ness
- Day 4 | Wed Aug 12 2009 | Loch Ness to Glencoe
- Day 5 | Thu Aug 13 2009 | Glencoe to Killearn
- Day 6 | Fri 14 Aug 2009 | Killearn to New Lanark
- Day 7 | Sat 15 Aug 2009 | New Lanark to Carlisle
- Day 8 | Sun 16 Aug 2009 | Carlisle to Slaidburn
- Day 9 | Mon 17 Aug 2009 | Slaidburn to Chester
- Day 10 | Tue 18 Aug 2009 | Rest day
- Day 11 | Wed 19 Aug 2009 | Chester to Clun
- Day 12 | Thu 20 Aug 2009 | Clun to Welsh Bicknor
- Day 13 | Fri 21 Aug 2009 | Welsh Bicknor to Street | No GPS data
- Day 14 | Sat 22 Aug 2009 | Street to Okehampton
- Day 15 | Sun 23 Aug 2009 | Okehampton to Perranporth
- Day 16 | Mon 24 Aug 2009 | Perranporth to Land’s End
Today 8 years ago, was the last day of End to End cycle! Even to this day, still can’t believe I did it! Try cycling for an average of 66 miles, every day for 15 days in a row and still how you feel! The total distance was 990.30 miles! Which took me 85 hours 22 minutes 40 seconds!
This time 8 years ago, I would have been cycling between Okehampton to Perranporth, the second last day of the End to End cycle! A distance of 75.17 miles.
I will leave you will a map of the route and some photos…
This time 8 years ago, I would have been cycling between Glencoe and Killearn has part of the End to End cycle! A distance of 63.84 miles, but I will let you into a secret, we only cycled has far, as the Loch Lomond Youth Hostel (now closed). Then my Dad, give leave a lift with our bikes to Killearn. The part had been, the next day to get a left back to that location. But for reasons, I am sure most of you know. That never happened!
I would still rate this day, has one of favourites. Watch this video, I filmed some years later and I am sure, you will see why!!
Please do check out the route, we took at www.strava.com/activities/445506861.
This time 8 years ago, I would have been cycling between Loch Ness and Glencoe! A distance of 58.3 miles with a elevation gain of 761 metres.
For some reason, not sure why, don’t have a single photo from this day! Maybe it was raining, which it did do a hell of a lot during the cycle!
But of course, you can still check out the route, I took at www.strava.com/activities/445506847.