At long, long last that’s me now done 3,000 miles of cycling so far this year! Also done my third half century cycle of the month and the fourth of the year!
Below are the top five most looked at photos on this website, so far during September 2020.
Had another great week on the bike, ended up doing my second 200 mile week of this year so far! Also done another two, 50+ mile cycles! Had a mate up doing photos! Plus starting to think, what I will be doing for my 41 birthday! Goal is 82 mile cycle!
So pleased with myself! At long last, I’ve done my first Century ride of 2020! But it was easy one, the 100km one! Wish it had been the 100 mile one! But still super pleased with 62.52 miles!
You can check out the route at www.strava.com/activities/4021753676
Below are the top five most looked at photos on this website during August 2020.
Would you believe it?!?!? It was a whole 11 years ago today, that I finished doing the End to End cycle. A cycle covering 990.30 miles, which of course took me from John O’Groats to Land’s End.
Even after 11 years, would still rate it has one of the best things, that I’ve ever done! Really hope, that one day, I get to it again!
Here are, just some of my favourite photos from the cycle.
You can check out the route, I took below:-
- Day 1 | Sun Aug 9 2009 | John O’Groats to Tongue
- Day 2 | Mon Aug 10 2009 | Tongue to Carbisdale Castle
- Day 3 | Tue Aug 11 2009 | Carbisdale Castle to Loch Ness
- Day 4 | Wed Aug 12 2009 | Loch Ness to Glencoe
- Day 5 | Thu Aug 13 2009 | Glencoe to Killearn
- Day 6 | Fri 14 Aug 2009 | Killearn to New Lanark
- Day 7 | Sat 15 Aug 2009 | New Lanark to Carlisle
- Day 8 | Sun 16 Aug 2009 | Carlisle to Slaidburn
- Day 9 | Mon 17 Aug 2009 | Slaidburn to Chester
- Day 10 | Tue 18 Aug 2009 | Rest day
- Day 11 | Wed 19 Aug 2009 | Chester to Clun
- Day 12 | Thu 20 Aug 2009 | Clun to Welsh Bicknor
- Day 13 | Fri 21 Aug 2009 | Welsh Bicknor to Street | No GPS data
- Day 14 | Sat 22 Aug 2009 | Street to Okehampton
- Day 15 | Sun 23 Aug 2009 | Okehampton to Perranporth
- Day 16 | Mon 24 Aug 2009 | Perranporth to Land’s End
Happy days, that’s me now done 2,000 miles of cycling so far in 2020!
Speaking about getting my main bike fixed! Only been off the road, for over a year! Plus other stuff, just best to watch!
July has been yet another great month cycling wise! Ended up doing my first half century cycle of the year! Let’s hope, I can get at least another 2 or 3 of them in before the year is out! Also set a new max speed of the year so far, of 36.5 mph!
Remember you can follow my cycling adventures over at www.strava.com/athletes/gsvalentine.
Here is the data from July 2020:-
- Total cycles: 23.
- Total Distance: 418.88 miles.
- Total Time: 34:48:17 (h:m:s).
- Avg Speed: 12 mph.
- Max Time: 04:04:19 (h:m:s).
- Max Speed: 36.5 mph.
- Avg Distance: 18.21 miles.
- Max Distance: 50.26 (Single cycle)
Data from: Garmin Connect.
Here are my favourite cycling photos from the month:-
So pleased with myself, just done my first half century cycle of 2020! So in other words 50 miles! Not just 50 kilometres (31 miles), that most of Europe does! Now I really need to aim for 80 miles next! Then really, really hoping, I can get a 100 mile cycle in before the year is out!
You can check out the route at www.strava.com/activities/3833873559